Important Note: This item is a pre-order. We will not charge you until after we collect 500 pre-orders and go to press.
- Pre-orders only cost $35 - a $25 discount off retail price of $60!!
- The reprint includes all of the stretch goal unlocks from the original Kickstarter project!
- Solo game components (solo board plus card deck)
- Custom wooden components
- Linen finish
- 2-layer player boards (improved)
- We are only making a very limited number of games. At most 1000 games will go to retail.
- Reduced shipping costs worldwide! Games will ship from fulfillment hubs worldwide.
- We're fixing rules ambiguities and iconography confusion throughout the game.
Ancient Balinese legend describes a host of powerful spirits who help poor rice farmers achieve success. These farmers have long used a sophisticated irrigation system to organize rice cultivation by integrating religious devotion and social responsibility with traditional farming methods.
In Spirits of the Rice Paddy players must compete with fellow rice farmers to construct and tend rice paddies. Oxen can build walls and remove large rocks. Ducks can be employed to eat harmful pests and fertilize the fledgling crops. Weeds must be kept at bay. And, most importantly, water must be conserved and released with the greatest of care. With a little luck, all that back-breaking labor will pay off in the end. The good news is that the spirits are eager to assist, granting many special abilities, blessings, and magic. The farmer who produces the most rice over seven rounds wins the game.
Rules and components for solo play are included!
The Spirits reprint contains:
- 1 full-color rulebook
- 4 player mats
- 4 punchboard sheets
- 1 main game board
- 94 paddy, rain, and achievement cards
- 2-layer main board
- 80 wooden walls
- 24 wooden gates
- 80 wooden rice hat laborer meeples
- 16 wooden rocks
- 24 wooden weeds
- 24 wooden pests
- Rules and components for solo play!
No. of Players: 1-4
Playing Time: 90 minutes